Are you like me and have a difficult time finding body positive workout clothing for women? Manifesta was born in 2011, when founder Rachel Blumenfeld got sick of having to adjust her pants during runs and between every burpee, of worrying about showing too much skin during squats, and of having her shirt ride up when she lifted her arms. She was tired of pulling at the armholes of her shirts to readjust them whenever she moved.
I received a pair of Sore Not Sorry Capri in Emerald (Violet), and the Ladies First tank in Emerald (Rose) to review from Manifesta.
Manifesta Body Positive Workout Clothing Review
To prevent “Size Shaming”, Manifesta Workout Clothing uses floral names instead of traditional number sizes. My pants are “Violet”, and my shirt is “Rose”. Other sizes include Poppy, Lily, Iris, and Daisy.
Both of my items, the Ladies First Tank and the Sore Not Sorry Capri, are made from a Nylon/Spandex blend. They are flatlock stitched to prevent chafing and use a stretchy thread so your clothes move with you. The material is naturally sweat-wicking to keep you dry. The top has a built-in bra, and both are fitted to be comfortable, functional, and flattering.
- I love the way it fits on me! I was so worried, buying something online, that it would run big or small, but both the Rose top and Violet bottoms worked well for my pear-shaped frame.
This outfit really stays in place during walking, jumping jacks, lifting weights, and most other activities I’ve tried that include reaching or bending.
- The built-in bra is fine for light activities. I use it if I’m just walking or doing anything that doesn’t include a lot of bouncing. If you’re doing a lot of cardio, though, you probably want to double-up and wear an extra sports bra underneath!
- The top of the capris and the ribbed part at the bottom of the tank work together to minimize belly bulge.
- Everything about this company screams “body positivity”, from the variation of models to the floral sizes…yay!
- Works wonderfully for walking, weight lifting, yoga and most aerobic activities.
- Manifesta offers a size exchange program. Within 6 months of a purchase, if you need a new size for whatever reason, you can exchange your clothing (if it’s in good condition) for a comparable item in your new size at 25% off the new garment’s price. Your used clothing will be donated to the Philadelphia Youth Sports Collaborative, a group of non-profit organizations that encourages physical health and teaches valuable life skills to under-privileged youth.
- Pieces are a bit pricey, but think about swimsuits and how pricey they can be. These pieces are made by a small company, use high-quality products and flatlock stitching, and are designed to last. It’s an investment, but it’s worth it!
The one place I wore my workout outfit that was not a good place to wear it was during disc golf/hiking. I do not recommend wearing this anywhere woodsy or anywhere it might snag!
Overall, I LOVE my Manifesta body positive workout clothing, and I love the brand and what it stands for! This outfit has become my go-to outfit any time I go out walking or during aerobics because it’s extremely comfortable, and I don’t spend half the time pulling my shirt down/pulling my pants up/pulling things out of places they shouldn’t be. It’s also very cute and I feel nice in it.
I applaud any company that promotes body positivity and celebrates all types of beauty and actually accommodates those of us who are not bone-thin and Photoshopped!
Do you have a hard time finding body positive workout clothing? Let us know in the comments section below!
If you liked that post, you will love these posts!
quit smoking. We just had our 1-year anniversary of being smoke-free! We had both tried to quit in the past, by either “cutting back”, or trying other methods, but ultimately, we were not able to efficiently quit smoking until we were serious about it. I used a generic of Wellbutrin to help me at first, but I stopped taking it early on. My husband quit cold turkey. healthy lifestyle plan? Fret no more; here are 8 things you can do NOW to be healthier, and they couldn’t be easier!
Pin this Image:
I received a product for free to review, but all opinions are 100% my own.